How To Start a Bubble Tea Business In 2023 In Australia
Starting any business is challenging, especially if you are a newbie. If you are planning to start a bubble tea business in Australia in 2023, this article is a must-read. We’ve prepared 5 simple tips for you to establish a bubble tea business.
5 Tips to Start a Bubble Tea Business in Australia
The bubble tea business is expected to grow by 70% by 2027, so buckle up and follow the below-mentioned tips to start a bubble tea business of your own…
Tip 1: Food Licence
This is essential to have for food related business in Australia. The requirements can be different for different states. It requires the food business to meet food safety and sanitation standards.
You can apply for it online and undergo an inspection for the quality and food safety check by the local food department. Adequate food equipment and storage facilities are also something that are checked for the food license. To find this out, you can visit the relevant website for where you operate. The main websites are:
- NSW – http://www.foodauthority.nsw.gov.au
- ACT – https://health.act.gov.au/businesses/food-safety-regulation
- VIC – http://www.health.vic.gov.au/foodsafety/
- QLD – http://www.health.qld.gov.au/foodsafety/
- SA – http://www.health.sa.gov.au
- WA – http://www.public.health.wa.gov.au/2/1061/2/food.pm
- NT – http://www.health.nt.gov.au/Environmental_Health/Food_Safety/index.aspx
- TAS – https://www.dhhs.tas.gov.au/
Tip 2: Rent A Store
When you're ready to start your bubble tea business in Australia, the next step is to get a suitable location to set up a shop. One of the best ways to do this is to rent a store in a busy shopping area or food court. It will give you great exposure to potential customers and make it easy for them to drop in for a quick drink.
Consider the size, layout, and location when choosing a store to rent. You'll need enough space to accommodate your bubble tea equipment and supplies and maybe some seating for customers.
Ideally, it would help if you were close to other food outlets so that customers can quickly grab a bite to eat before or after enjoying your bubble tea.
Tip 3: Order Equipment, Cups, and Lids
The next step is to order the necessary equipment for your bubble tea business. Equipment like the tea brewing machine, sealing machine, refrigerator, or blender is a must for your store. You can find thermos tea bucket, sealing film, bubble tea paper straws, and even plastic cups and lids at Sunwide.
There are a few things to keep in mind when ordering your supplies.
- First, you'll need to decide your menu - what are you offering. There are many different flavors and variations of drinks and food you can offer (don’t limit yourself), so it's essential to determine what you want to specialise in.
- Once you've decided what’s on your menu, you'll need to order the proper equipment. It includes a tea brewer, or an shaker and a thermos tea buket. You'll also need to purchase cups, straws, and lids.
- Finally, you'll need to find a source for your tea leaves or tea bag, syrups, powders and toppings.
With some planning and preparation, you can have your bubble tea business up and running in no time.
Step 4: Order Ingredients
We have put together a list of the most popular products for you so you can have all the ingredients to make the iconic drinks.
It is easier as a new business to start with our customized recipes (contact us) or those signature drinks, you can also be creative with the products you have. You can create your unique special drinks and food; that are only available in your store. You can also partner with a food and drink designer to design the menu for you.
Step 5: Market Your Store to Attract Foot Traffic
To successfully start a bubble tea business in Australia, it is essential to market your store in a way that will attract foot traffic. There are several ways to do this, including:
- Make sure your store is easy to find so get the best spot in the area
- Creating eye-catching signage and window displays
- Offering promotions and discounts to encourage people to come in
- Make sure your store is clean and inviting
- Creating a welcoming and friendly atmosphere
By taking these steps, you can increase the chances of people entering your store and becoming regular customers.
Starting your own bubble tea business in Australia comes with challenges, but it can be an enriching venture with the right resources and planning. We have discussed some essential tips when starting a bubble tea business, such as ensuring you understand the local regulations and finding a reliable supplier.
Sunwide apart from being an ingredient wholesaler, we are also able to help businesses to start up bubble tea by offering consultation, recipe development, etc. We have extensive knowledge about the industry and are happy to help whenever we can, so get in touch with us to discuss your menu with us!